St. John’s University

Hello!  I’m back in Oz now and it’s definitely much warmer than New York was.  :O

As I briefly mentioned last time, just before Christmas, I popped into St. John’s and met with the friendly staff there.

ACU students have been going to St. John’s on Exchange for many semesters, and for me, it was really nice to see the campus again.  (When I was in Year 9, I ran in a city-wide High School race at the track there…I didn’t win.)

The main campus of St. John’s is located in Queens, one of the 5 boroughs of NYC.  It was really easy to get to.  From Manhattan’s Penn Station, I took the Long Island Rail Road (but you can also take the regular subway) to Jamaica station, and then jumped onto a city bus that took me straight to the campus’ main entrance…it was too easy!!

Although there was lots of snow still on the ground, I was able to go on a tour of the campus, and was especially impressed by the brand new D’Angelo Center for students.  It’s a great big building with views of the New York skyline, modern classrooms, a cafe, and lots of space for students to study, catch up with friends, or just have a bit of time to themselves.

St. John’s has a lot of study areas to offer, including Arts and Sciences, Education and Business.

For a list of all the study areas at the Queens campus, please click here:
http://www.stjohns.edu/admission/undergraduate/programs/queens.stj

Applications to study at St. John’s for Semester 2, 2010 are open now!!
The deadline to apply is 1 March 2010.  So, if you’re thinking about it, please feel free to e-mail us at: studyabroad@acu.edu.au

SJU