Bellarmine University

Come with us now on a journey through time and space…(ok, not really).  But we would love it for you to come with us on a tour of Bellarmine University, courtesy of Kelsey who is studying there now.

Bellarmine University is located in a beautiful neighborhood in Louisville Kentucky and was built in 1950. The campus population is quite small for an American College. However, the school prides themselves on a more individualized experience where you at not just another number in the system. Every professor takes their time to know your name and gain knowledge on your interests and academics.

The campus is on a massive hill so it gives you a good workout walking from one side of the campus to the other.

Here are a few photos of the campus…

Anniversary Hall is home to one hundred and ninety students including myself. This is my replacement home while I am in America. Living on campus is nothing like I expected. At first I was worried about having a complete stranger as my roommate and sharing a bathroom with three other people. However, living on campus has been one of the best experience of my exchange. My closest friends on campus are those I live with. It is a great way to meet people and it allows you to get involved in the University and all it has to offer.

The Siena Halls are the newest residential halls at Bellarmine University. They are absolutely beautiful. I have spent many nights sitting around the campfire listening to music, talking with friends and meeting new people.

The following two photos are of the sporting fields. The first photo displays the baseball, soccer and football field. The second photo is of the Frazier Stadium, BU’s main outdoor sporting field. Currently it is Volleyball, Soccer and Hockey season. There is a game every weekend. Before each game the spirit group holds an event called a Tail Gate. They provide food, play freebie and Corn-hole and give away free t-shirts. The atmosphere is incredible.

The photo above is Our Lady of the Woods campus chapel. The University has mass twice a week.

This photo below is the University Dinning Hall or as we call it UDH. There is a large variety of food for students in the Hall and there is also a number of cafes and fast food places all over campus.

Louisville is well know for The Kentucky Derby. An annual horse racing competition held in Louisville at Churchill Downs every year. The race was first held in 1875 and is the oldest horse race in the US. It is also the first race of horse racing’s Triple Crown.

9

Louisville is also known for the Louisville Slugger Museum and Company. This company produces the famous baseball bats for Major League Baseball.

10

Louisville is a beautiful small town with a variety of things to do and see. It is has been a wonderful place to live and call home while on exchange.