Snow and sledding!!

It was around a month ago that the first snow fell here in North Bay, Ontario. I had been expecting it for a while and had been expressing my excitement to my house mates. So when the first snow fell the girls ran straight into my room screaming “wake up Rachel, it’s snowing.” I jumped up so quickly I actually bumped my head on my window frame in the process, but I did not care because there was snow! I proceeded to run around the house in excitement, stoping to look out our large lounge room windows. The snow feel in such big flakes and as if it was dancing on the wind.

The snow kept falling and making life so much fun!! Throwing snow balls and making snow men never gets old. These are probably things that Canadians get over by the time they reach adulthood, but for me it feels like I have a life time of snow fun to catch up on. The walk to school is also more amazing, with the snow glistening as if fairy dust has been sprayed everywhere and the evening walks home are now lit up by the moon reflecting off the snow covered ground.

So with the snow there comes sledding! A few friends and I invested in some sledges. One round and disk like and one flat with handles on the front. we waited till late one evening and headed to a big hill at a local park in town. I watched as some of the boys took the first turns at sliding down the hill and to be honest, I was a little scared. However, my lovely friend took me under her sledging experienced wings and let me do the first ride sitting behind her. It was amazing! We then took turns sliding down the hill and walking back up. It was so much fun I didn’t even care about the cold (it was minus 16 that evening) and the walk up the hill felt like a breeze as you knew it would be followed by another turn back down the hill.

To sum up this Australian girl loves snow! It brightens up my days and I still smile when I look out the window and see it falling.

SNOW!!!

SNOW!!!

SNOW!!!

SNOW!!!

SNOW!!!

SNOW!!!