The Library is very pleased to announce we now subscribe to Kanopy, a new streaming video resource.
What is it?
Kanopy is an online video streaming resource including documentaries, educational videos and movies.
The videos are streamed online, meaning you can view them at any time, on or off campus.
ACU Library currently has over 6,000 videos (and growing!) covering a range of topics such as:
- The Arts – design, fashion, literature, visual art
- Business/Training – business & economics, health & safety, legal studies, training & development
- Health – health studies, medicine, midwifery, nursing
- Media/Comm – foreign language film, film studies, marketing, advertising & PR, movies & TV
- Sciences – biology, computer science & IT, engineering, sustainability & environment sciences
- Humanities – Australian & Indigenous studies, psychology & sociology, religion & philosophy
- Education – K-12, teacher education development
Plus so much more!!
And for recreational viewing there’s plenty of movies & TV to watch from producers such as BBC Active, Madman Entertainment, Roadshow Films, Ronin Films and United International Pictures!
Some of the movies to choose from:
- Sherlock Holmes 2: A Game of Shadows
- The Hunger Games
- Silver Linings Playbook
- Salmon Fishing in the Yemen
- Francis Ha
- Brighton Rock
- Red Dog
- The Ides of March
- Legend of the Guardians: The Owls Of Ga’Hoole
- Joss Whedon’s Much Ado About Nothing
- Tomorrow When The War Began
- Samson and Delilah
- Farewell, My Queen
- The Sapphires
- Paris Manhattan
- In Bob We Trust
- Blue Ruin
- Keyword search and subject browse
- Videos play on all devices
- Captions and interactive transcripts
- Recommend titles for purchase (you can watch a 2 minute preview)
- Create an account to comment on videos and create customised playlists/clips (stitch together your favourite clips!)
- Academics can embed videos/playlists directly into LEO
- Rights-cleared so videos can be streamed in lectures
Where do I find it?
Search for “Kanopy“ in Library Search
From the Library homepage, go to Databases then ‘K’ under Databases by Title or ‘Videos’ under Databases by Format
Note: If you are off campus, you will need to enter your ACU user name and password to gain access.
‘Red Dog’ website banner used with permission from Kanopy